Google maps has changed their API access requirements. Now you must have billing set up before you can use the features that google maps provides for your website. This does not mean you will need to pay typically because when you enable billing, you get $200 free usage every month for Maps, Routes, or Places. Based on the millions of users using maps APIs today, most sites can continue to use Google Maps Platform for free with this credit. Here is how you set up the account:
- Part 1: set up your billing account
- go to https://cloud.google.com/maps-platform/?apis=maps
- select maps only
- enter your domain name as the project name
- click "create billing account"
- agree to the terms of service and decide if you want to receive email updates, then click the button that says agree and continue
- fill in the requested information then click start my free trial
- once the billing account is set up, create new api keys
- on the "enable your api's" screen click next
- click on the done button to complete the set up
- Part 2: Give Your-Web-Guys access to the api settings
- in the api console, click on the navigation menu button in the upper left corner of your screen (looks like three horizontal lines)
- go to IAM & Admin
- click on add in the upper left above the title "permissions for project..."
- enter the following email into the new members field
- then select project > owner
- this will send an invitation to us so we can administrate your api for you.
Thats all you need to do! We will take it from there and make sure the api key is set up properly and is restricted from unauthorized use← FAQ’s