Adding and Editing Pages
Pages are outside of chronology and dictate your main navigational tabs and their hierarchy. If the update you are wanting to make is dependent upon timing then you need to be adding a post rather than a page and you should read the Adding Posts Tutorial instead.
Make sure you are logged in to your admin area. Click here if you are not sure how to do this.
- From any screen you may be working in you can click on the pages menu button on the left or hover over it for more options.
- When you click on the pages menu link it will bring up a list of pages that are already on your site.
- Beware that this list is paginated so if you have more than 10 pages total some might be on additional admin pages
- You can navigate through at the top or bottom of the list on the right side.
- You can also use the search form on the upper right to find the page you are needing to edit.
- To edit any of the existing pages simply click on the title of the page you want to edit. For this tutorial we will be adding a new page, but to edit an existing one is pretty much the same process.
- To add a new page you would click an "add new" button - these are in several different places for your convenience; a specific place is on the left side menu under All Pages.
- When the admin page loads you have several different areas or fields that you can work with. Each one displays content on the web page that it creates on the front end in different ways.
- The first field is the title - name your page something simple. About Us or services etc. Keep it short because your title will be used in navigation links and your menu which is typically pretty limited on space depending on the layout you chose.
- The next field is the main body content of the page. Here you can add as much information as you need to build your page. You have rich text formatting options such as bold and italicize. It is similar in usage to the word processor you have used for years.
- You can also add images, videos, music, documents and even links to your page using the add media or add link dialogs which is explained further in the tutorial named Adding and Editing media.
- Lets assume you are happy with the content you have added and are ready to add it to the website. To make it live you click the blue publish/update button on the upper right. You can then click the view page button to see the results.
- Feel free to go back and edit as much as you need to get the desired results... you cannot break this system beyond the point that your-web-guys cant fix it so feel free to play with it and see what different things do.
These are the most important fields to work with. There are many other dialog boxes or panes which we will cover in other tutorials or that may be so specific to your site we will instruct you on them individually.
If you have any trouble with this process, please send us a support email we are always happy to help.← FAQ’s
Make Us Your-Web-Guys Today
NewsletterSubscribe to our Newsletter
Reflections on Spring Creek
New layout for mansfieldisdfoundation.org A Complete Content Management System, an integrated Calendar, and multiple ... Read More
One of our best looking and most appealing sites to date! Very fashion forward ... Read More
Specializing in Real Estate Maintenance, but also doing work in several other areas, this company ... Read More